B Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree program that deals with the intricacies of the pharmaceutical industry, starting from manufacturing medicines and drugs to dispensing them across various medical stores, distributors and stockists.
B Pharmacy Admission 2021 is done on the basis of both Entrance Exams as well as on the basis of Merit. Various Entrance Exams such as UPSEE, GPAT, NEET, BITSAT, MHT – CET etc are conducted to enroll students for B Pharmacy courses.
Students who have cleared Class 12 board exams along with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible to apply for the B Pharmacy course.
B Pharmacy Syllabus deals with knowledge about biochemical sciences and its impact on healthcare industry. This gives students the opportunity to get a total clarity on the insights and the core component structure of the subject.
Students get jobs in the pharmaceutical industry after studying B Pharmacy Course. B Pharmacy Jobs provide good returns with annual salary ranging from INR 4,00,000 to INR 6,00,000.
This Course Costs you 1,00,000 per year
B Pharmacy Course Details
- The B Pharmacy Eligibility criteria is, one should clear class 12 board exams with 50% aggregate marks along with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
- Post completing B Pharmacy courses, one can opt to study further such as, M Pharmacy, PharmD etc,
- PharmD courses help students make a career into research and teaching as well
- Students completing B Pharmacy courses make an average salary of INR 3 – 5 LPA.
All About B Pharmacy
Bachelor of Pharmacy, as the name suggests, has a course structure which is particularly specialised for pharmaceutical studies. Few of the most vital subjects included in B Pharm course study are Biochemistry, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Computer Applications in Pharmacy etc.
Why B Pharmacy?
There are several interesting points that can be jotted down, as to why you should pursue B Pharmacy. Apart from the fact that B Pharmacy will help you in making a career as a Medical Representative, Scientific Writing, Medical Scripting, Clinical Research etc we will discuss in detail other reasons for pursuing this course.
- Government Jobs: After successfully completing your degree in B Pharmacy you can get the opportunity to work for various Government organizations and hospitals.
- Work with Patients: Apart from being a pharmacist you will have crucial roles in the health care system such as providing asthma care, cholesterol control checking, diabetes disease management, bone density scans etc.
- Diverse Career Opportunity: The most obvious choice for pharmacists is working in retail pharmacy, either in a health care facility or community. The role involves giving over the counter and prescription medications along with counselling to the patients.
- Stable yet Flexible Career: A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy will not only provide a stable employment throughout your career but also will give you the flexibility to choose and work according to your preferences.
Who Should Pursue B Pharmacy?
- Students who want to make a career in the Pharmaceutical Industry should pursue B Pharmacy
- Students who want to make career into clinical research and scientific writing should opt for B Pharmacy
- Students who wants to join the healthcare industry and work at various hospitals, nursing homes etc can pursue B Pharmacy
- B Pharmacy can also be pursued by students who want to make a career in the pharmaceutical industry abroad, by studying courses in B Pharmacy Abroad.
B Pharmacy Admission Process
Candidates who are seeking B Pharmacy Admissions have to sit for various Entrance Exams that are conducted by various Universities. Some colleges like Annamalai University enroll students on the basis of Merit as well.
B Pharmacy Admission 2021
- The registration for B Pharmacy Admission from Jamia Hamdard University can be done till July 25, 2021 and the last date for the application submission for BITS Pilani is on May 29, 2021.
- Some of the common B Pharmacy Entrance Exams are UPSEE, BITSAT, GPAT, MET, WBJEE etc.
- All colleges and Universities accept the score of any national and University conducted entrance exams
- The application form fees ranges between INR 750 – 1,500
B Pharmacy Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for B Pharmacy courses are very simple and easy to follow. Below mentioned points discusses elaborately the eligibility criteria for B Pharmacy,
- Students should have cleared Class 12 board exams with 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics at their +2 level.
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, students should thereafter sit for Entrance exams or can be selected on the basis of merit, depending on the colleges they are applying to.
B Pharmacy Jobs
As already discussed, after the successful completion of B Pharmacy course, one can opt from a wide range of choices to pursue their career into. B Pharmacy degrees also give the opportunity to work for both Government and Private sector organizations. The average salary post the completion of this course ranges from INR 4 – 6 LPA.
After completion of B Pharmacy courses one can choose to study further, like M Pharmacy, PharmD and others. However, the majority of the students prefer joining the bandwagon once they complete their degree.
Graduating from a top Pharmacy college guarantees top placements with an opportunity to settle abroad. Some of the top recruiters in the field of Pharmacy are tabulated below for your reference,
|Top Recruiters||Average Salary (INR)|
|Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited||7 LPA|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited||6 – 8 LPA|
|Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals Limited||4 LPA|
|Biocon Ltd||2.5 – 4 LPA|
|Divis Laboratories Ltd||3 LPA|
|Cipla Ltd||2.5 – 7 LPA|
Top Job Profiles
B Pharmacy, as discussed, does not restrict itself to working in the healthcare industry or joining the pharma industry. B Pharmacy credits to itself a wide variety of choices for its learners.
Some of the top job profiles along with their description after completing B Pharmacy has been tabulated below for your reference,
|Job Profiles||Job Description|
|Medical Writer||The main responsibility of a medical writer is to work with doctors and maintain a record of all the medical results, product use and medical information|
|Clinical Researcher||A Clinical researcher collects and analyses data that is gained after a long period of testing and researching|
|Drug Inspector||A Drug Inspector majorly oversees the quality of a drug and is also responsible for issueuingh licenses to other pharmacists.|
|Medical Representative||They are responsible for selling various medicines for the company they are working for. Their job is target oriented.|
|Pharmacy Business||Main job role will be to distribute and dispense medicines in either retail or whole, regionally or across India after going through all the ethical and legal guidelines by the monitoring bodies, while ensuring that safe and correct medicines are supplied to the public.|
|Hospital Pharmacist||A hospital pharmacist dispenses medications and maintains the pharmacy in a hospital. Hospital Pharmacists are responsible for managing inventories and distributing medicines in a hospital on the orders of a physician.|
Salary in India
The salaries received post the completion of the course generally vary from college to college. However top colleges and their placements guarantee lucrative salary packages along with a steady career in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The salaries for various B Pharmacy job profiles are discussed below,
|Job Profiles||Average Salary (INR)|
|Medical Writer||4 – 6 LPA|
|Clinical Researcher||5 LPA|
|Drug Inspector||8 – 14 LPA|
|Medical Representative||3 – 6 LPA|
|Pharmacy Business||7 – 10 LPA|
Thus, we can conclude by saying that B Pharmacy is an interesting field of study that deals with the nuances of the Pharma Industry. It gives students and job seekers the perfect knowledge of the field of study and what they can expect when they run into the long world of pharmaceutical business.