Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2 years long career-oriented, diploma course. Students who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions are suitable for this course.
This program is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other
Costs you around 1,25,000 per year
About D Pharmacy
Diploma in Pharmacy is a technicality based entry-level diploma course. It is 2 years long and suitable for candidates who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions.
It is designed to familiarize candidates with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science. D Pharm Syllabus is curated to prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge.
This course examines other ethical topics such as the distribution of scarce resources, the use of stem cells, the role of genetic testing and issues of human cloning.
Why D Pharmacy
D.Pharmacy as a course has its own set of advantages as well as opportunities that provides an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some of the basic reasons for pursue D.Pharm courses are,
- Social Responsibility: Pharmacists play an important role in the society as they define the health care sector. They contribute towards the health and welfare of the people of a society
- Career Options: Pharmacists can work in organizations such as Hospitals, Nursing homes, Colleges and the medical industry as a whole
- Career Growth: Healthcare is an ever growing and non static career. Candidates in healthcare career have a vast opportunity in terms of growth and development
- Flexibility: Since it is a 24*7 job, one can opt from working for either a day shift or a night shift.
Who Should do an D Pharmacy
- Students who wish to make a career in the healthcare sector are most suitable and preferred in a course such as D.Pharmacy.
- For pursuing D.Pharmacy students must have cleared their +2 in Science stream with a minimum 50% aggregate.
- Candidates with Research skills, Analytical skills are most suitable for D.Pharmacy course.
When to do an D Pharmacy
There is no perfect time to pursue a D.Pharmacy course,
- Students who want to enter the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry can pursue D.Pharmacy courses, as they won’t be allowed to enter this industry without a proper degree and knowledge.
- Due to the incentive and high package it is a very lucrative study course for students
D Pharmacy Admission Process
Students who wish to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- 10% relaxation in marks will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled, and other categories.
D Pharmacy Jobs
D.Pharmacy is a diverse course that offers a lot of scope for candidates pursuing it. Candidates after completing a degree in Pharmacy do have a wide scope of job opportunities such as Pharmacists, Production Executive, Analytical Chemists etc.
Following are some of the some of the areas where D Pharma graduates can work:
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Research Agencies
- Food and Drug Administration
- Government hospitals
- Community health centres
Below mentioned table has a descriptive analysis of the job designation along with an average salary,
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Salary (INR)|
|Pharmacist||Pharmacists prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physicians’ orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities. They dispense medications by packaging, compounding, and labelling pharmaceuticals. They control medications by monitoring drug therapies and advising interventions.||1,99,000|
|Scientific Officer||Chief Scientific Officers oversee the scientific functions of a company which includes basic and applied research projects and the development of new processes, technologies or products.||6,47,000|
|Production Executive||Production Executives are responsible for determining the best and most efficient uses of the available resources, including equipment and labour, to meet production goals. They set budgets, determine equipment and supplies required, assign job duties, and build production schedules.||3,42,000|
|Medical Transcriptionist||Medical Transcriptionists use transcribing machines with headsets and foot pedals to listen to recordings by physicians and other healthcare professionals. They dictate a variety of medical reports that are chart reviews, emergency room visits, operations, diagnostic imaging studies, and final summaries.||2,42,000|
|Analytical Chemist||Analytical chemists play an important role with their opinions in different matters relating to consumption of foods and pharmaceuticals, natural resources, utility of materials for different applications, criminal investigations and commercialization of manufacturing processes.||4,30,000|
|Pathological Lab Scientist||They use equipments from the lab to analyse various samples and specimens, usually from human subjects to understand any abnormalities and go into depth about their causes.||3,25,000|
|Research & Development Executive||The main job role of a Research & Development Executive is to plan and direct all aspects of an organization’s R&D policies, objectives, and initiatives. Maintains an organization’s competitive position and profitability by formulating research and development programs, policies, and procedures.||5,67,000|
|Research Officer||They look after research projects and work with team members to keep it updated and on schedule.They determine the objective of the projects and the research methods||3,20,000|
D Pharmacy Scope
After completing D Pharmacy, there awaits numerous scope for candidates, in both the academic and well as job fields. You can pursue them according to your favours and likings,
- For higher studies you can pursue Bachelor in Pharmacy or 2nd year B.Pharm if you have completed PharmD
- You can secure job at a drugstore at various private and government hospitals
- You can become an entrepreneur by opening your own pharmacy store, or retail or wholesale
- Top D.Pharm recruiting areas are health centres, drug control administration or medical dispensing stores
pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA Pharmaceutical Management after this course, though they would need to complete their bachelors first.